Get a Quote Now
Basements tend to be forgotten. Let’s utilize that space.
Benefits of Finished Basements
- Increased Property Value: A finished basement can add significant value to a property. The exact value added depends on various factors like location, the size of the basement, and the quality of the finishes.
- Improved Energy Efficiency: Finishing a basement can help in improving the energy efficiency of a home. Proper insulation and sealing can help in reducing energy bills by keeping the home warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Better Air Quality: Finishing a basement can help in improving the indoor air quality of a home. Proper ventilation and moisture control can help in preventing mold growth and maintaining healthy air quality.
- Increased Storage Space: A finished basement can provide additional storage space, which can help in reducing clutter in the rest of the house.
- Enhanced Lifestyle: Finishing a basement can enhance the lifestyle of homeowners. It can provide a space to entertain guests or relax with family members.
- Return on Investment: According to Remodeling Magazine’s 2021 Cost vs. Value Report, finishing a basement has an average return on investment of 63.3%, making it a worthwhile investment for homeowners.
- Future Flexibility: A finished basement can provide future flexibility for homeowners. The space can be easily converted into an additional bedroom or living space if needed in the future.
- Increased Home Appeal: A finished basement can increase the appeal of a home to potential buyers, making it easier to sell in the future.
- Creative Expression: Finishing a basement provides homeowners with an opportunity to express their creativity and design style, allowing for a personalized space that reflects their personality and lifestyle.
Basement Renovation Process
- Initial Consultation: The basement finishing process begins with an initial consultation. During this meeting, the design team will assess the space, discuss the homeowner’s needs and preferences, and develop a plan for the basement renovation project.
- Design and Planning: Based on the initial consultation, our design team will create a design plan for the basement, including floor plans, 3D renderings, and material selection. The design plan will be presented to the homeowner for review and approval.
- Permits and Approvals: Our Project Management Team will obtain any necessary permits and approvals from local authorities to ensure that the basement finishing project of the basement complies with all building codes and regulations.
- Demolition and Preparation: Once all necessary approvals have been obtained, Our build team will begin the demolition and preparation phase of the project. This includes removing any existing finishes or fixtures, framing walls, and installing electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
- Installation of Finishes: After the preparation phase, we will install all finishes, including drywall, flooring, lighting fixtures, and cabinetry. The design team will ensure that all finishes are installed to the homeowner’s specifications and in compliance with building codes.
- Final Touches and Inspection: Once all finishes have been installed, our Project Management Team will perform a final inspection of the basement to ensure that everything is up to code and meets the homeowner’s expectations. Any final touches, such as painting or minor adjustments, will be made at this time.
- Project Completion: The project is considered complete when the final inspection has been passed and the homeowner is satisfied with the finished product. Our Project Management Team will provide a final walkthrough with the homeowner to ensure that everything has been completed to their satisfaction.
At CalCo, we pride ourselves on providing a smooth and stress-free basement finishing process from start to finish. Our team of experienced designers and craftsmen work closely with each homeowner to create a personalized space that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations.